A 60-Ton Open Trolley for Mining
We manufactured a tailored open trolley for a Colombian company dedicated to the production of nickel.
One of the most important companies in the mining-industrial sector in Colombia needed to replace the open trolley that was installed in a double-girder crane due to the calcine, which is generated when obtaining ferronickel in the nickel production process, which is used to give the steel the anticorrosive property that makes it stainless.
This calcine was affecting the performance of the machine. Therefore, they contacted JASO to design a tailored solution with a very special set of requirements.
After analyzing all the requirements, our engineering department designed an open trolley with a capacity of 60 tons to work uninterruptedly and with different customized technological developments to prevent the calcine from affecting the crane.
The new open trolley has the following features:
- Two single-sleeper vertical pull drums for moving containers with calcine.
- SEW central gearbox with cooling
- Emergency drum brake and service brake
- C4M painting process
- 400Kw ABB motor with forced ventilation
- All elements with IP65 protection
- Blowers for cleaning the calcine rail
- FEM M8 work group - 24 hours working time
- Tramex aisles to avoid dust accumulation
- Positioning encoders
- Crane prepared to work in automatic mode
Once again, JASO positions itself as a reference company in customized solutions, offering a high quality, reliable and robust special crane for maximum profitability and durability.