JASO Contributed to the Modernization of a Domtar Paper Mill in Canada
The project consisted in the upgrade of three cranes, to which JASO provided lifting mechanisms.
JASO Industrial Cranes, through its distributor Fives, participated in modernizing the paper mill that Canadian company Domtar has in Windsor (Quebec).
Domtar is one of the leading companies in the pulp and paper industry in Canada and the United States, and has paper mills and offices distributed throughout North America. Specifically, the factory in Windsor required an upgrade on three different cranes, and JASO provided new hoists.
Although these were not originally JASO cranes, our tailored solutions resulted in a significant upgrade of the cranes.
The project consisted in:
● Replacement of the 60T main hoisting unit and of two 32.5T auxiliary hoisting units
● Modernization of the whole electrical installation, including supply of a whole new electrical cabinet made of stainless steel and equipped with air conditioning. Due to height restrictions, the cabinet was custom-made in a size that was smaller than usual. In addition, interior insulation was applied to prevent water condensation in a 100% humidity environment.
● CSA approval of the electrical installation
● Replacement of all travel wheel bearings
● Adding a radio remote control
● Factory acceptance tests in JASO plant
● On-site installation, load tests, commissioning and training of the operators
● Compliance with Domtar's high ergonomic standards, allowing access to all maintenance items from the crane platform.
Electrical engineering was done in collaboration with Fives in order to deliver CSA-ready equipment.
Thus, the Domtar paper mill experienced a technological breakthrough after this modernization. All this with the high-quality standards and robustness that are the hallmark of JASO Industrial Cranes.